WHEATLAND, Mo. -- KDKD and the Eagle Night at Lucas Oil Speedway attracted 122 of the best cars in the area for Saturday night’s action. A pristine racetrack was in perfect racing condition throughout the entire evening. Rain loomed, but mere sprinkles did not slow the action on the Diamond of Dirt tracks.
With $750 to win by Clearlight Inn in the Pitts Homes USRA Modifieds, the checkeres went to Shawn Nations of Macks Creek after a photo finish with Austin Siebert of Grandview.
After three intense features with fans on their feet for each finish, the Pitts Homes USRA Modifieds lined up for their feature. Nations started on the pole position with Jason Russel of Henley starting in second. The two were quick out front for the green flag, but Nations kept the advantage running in the lead.
Lap after lap Nations and Russell were out front. Just behind, a tight field was battling for third position. Siebert, who started in eight, had worked his way up to third while Paul Snyder of Wellsville, Kan., Wheatland's Jason Pursley and Dustin Campbell of Nevada controlled the top five.
Siebert passed Russell as Nations worked his way through lapped traffic. Siebert then began to close in on Nations whle Nations held his line and continued to make nearly flawless laps around the 3/8-mile track.
With two laps remaining, Siebert was on Nations's bumper and let him know he was there. Nations remained in control and took the white flag ahead of Siebert. As the two came out of turn four, Siebert charged for the lead in a drag race down the front stretch that ended with Nations edging across the finish line first in a photo finish on lap 25 with a roaring crowd that was the perfect way to cap off a great night of racing/
Siebert was followed by Russell in third. Campbell and Pursley finished fourth and fifth while Synder ended his night in sixth.
For complete event information, point standings, results and the latest Lucas Oil Speedway news visit www.lucasoilspeedway.com.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
American Racer USRA Weekly Racing Series
Lucas Oil Speedway, Wheatland, Mo.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
1. (1) 14 Shawn Nations, Macks Creek
2. (8) 16 Austin Siebert, Grandview
3. (4) 2j Jason Russell, Henley
4. (5) 66x Dustin Campbell, Nevada
5. (7) 38c Jason Pursley, Wheatland
6. (3) 54 Paul Snyder, Wellsville , Kan.
7. (12) 03j Chase Jones, Eldorado Springs
8. (9) 90 Terry Schultz, Sedalia
9. (6) 1b Kaleb Bray, Archie
10. (18) 73m Mickey Burrell, Fair Grove
11. (21) 12V Nathan Vaughn, Lincoln
12. (22) 33 Stephen Muilenburg, Sparta
13. (19) 40w Jesse Willard, Pleasanton , Kan.
14. (10) 21j Jackie Dalton, Carthage
15. (20) 8s Jon Sheets, Nevada
16. (13) 92s Danny Scrogham, Peculiar
17. (14) 27rt Robbie Test, Jefferson City
18. (24) 19k Eddie Bray Jr., Archie
19. (17) 0 Dave Elson, Springfield
20. (23) 23a Steve Twenter, Sedalia
21. (11) 4 Josh Poe, Drexel
22. (16) X Jordan Mccrimmon, Bolivar
23. (15) T10 Tyler Brown, Richland
24. (2) 51 Tim Setzer, Archie